Regional Dispatcher will handle the transportation for all outbound customer orders. Responsibilities will include load building, coordinating and scheduling deliveries and pick-ups and updating EDI with all pertinent information in a timely manner. Regional Dispatcher will be responsible for communicating with assigned drivers and managing their daily on-road performance. They will also work with Customer Service to provide timely exception reports and follow-up for any shipper or consignee related issues. Regional Dispatcher will assist in other activities/duties assigned by Operations Manager or General Manager as needed.
- Consolidate and effectively route LTL shipments with consideration to profitability and on-time performance. (Goal is 93% controllable on-time to customer RAD)
- Track driver GPS locations, available hours of service and daily progress to ensure all scheduled deliveries and pick-ups are completed as planned.
- Communicate all service issues to the Customer Service team in a timely manner, following up as necessary until the issue is resolved.
- Schedule delivery appointments and enter information along with any appropriate exception codes into the TMS for all orders. Maintain familiarity and proficiency with on-line scheduling tools as required by each consignee as well as professional relationships with consignees and other service partners.
- Consolidate orders and build delivery routes maximizing available capacity and driver’s hours. Maintain routing records using Excel spreadsheets and other tools for visibility.
- Provide completed manifests with BOL’s and instructions for daily Cross-Dock load-outs and driver packet completion.
- Coordinate all customer shuttles using complete pool of driver resources to maximize profitability
- Communicate dispatch assignments to assigned drivers daily, providing all of the necessary specifics for each driver to successfully complete the route.
- Schedule and coordinate pickups in assigned regions notifying the Cross-Dock team and OS&D Specialist of all returning freight.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen.
- US citizen or obtain permanent Immigration and Naturalization Service resident or work status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 08:00 to 17:00.
No travel is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience
- LTL Dispatch experience.
- Computer experience.
Colonial Cartage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.