Looking for a new career that pays well?
Join the Colonial Team!
We offer competitive hourly pay for on-duty and driving time, and you’ll be home every weekend!
At Colonial, we value teamwork, integrity, accountability, and focus on safety, producing one of the lowest driver turnover rates in the industry.
Why drive with Colonial?
- 100% of Employee’s Healthcare Cost Covered
- Low deductible healthcare plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance – individual/family
- Company paid life insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 401K Plan with Company Contribution and Match
- Paid Vacation
What our drivers say about Colonial…
“Can’t imagine working anywhere else, 25 years in. Family oriented company. It’s a great place to work!” — Roy Pittman-Driver
“I’ve been driving 11 years and been here 6 years. Looking to stay here until I retire. Great people to work with inside the office and fellow drivers. Great support team. If you ever have a question, you can call countless people and get the answer. By far the best company I’ve ever worked for.” — Patrick Keeney-Driver
“I have been with Colonial for 31 yrs. The company has been great to work for and, from the beginning, safety has been the number one goal. As someone who strives to be a safe and professional driver, I could not ask for any better company to work for.” — Larry Pickett, Former Driver & Safety Assistant (3 Million Miles Driven)
Frequently Asked Questions
What training do you offer drivers?We provide every Colonial driver with the training and tools needed to get home safely at the end of their day or route. We train our drivers to consider not just what they see ahead but also to anticipate what may lie ahead. We make it our goal to meet and exceed FMCSA requirements and other safety standards to ensure that our freight, our drivers, and the general public have a safe journey out on the roads. Learn more about our commitment to safety.
Our multi-layered training program consists of:
- In-depth Driver Orientation / Interactive Training
- Periodic in-person safety meetings that cover various topics in the industry and also bring our fleet together on a regular basis
- Monthly online based classroom training that helps to build knowledge base and training file. We use the “Infinit-I Workforce” Program by Vertical Alliance
- Regularly published articles and memos on developments in the industry
- Open door policy / communication with Safety Manager